Hello, I'm breaking the 4th Wall
Hello, my dear readers!
I missed the past 2 days of blogging. It's because it was the weekend. What I have resolved to do is not blog on the weekend for the foreseeable future. That's because I'm still experiencing technical difficulties (I haven't yet decided if I want to keep obnoxiously calling it that or just tell you what it is but it's connected to a bigger issue so this will do for now). The other reason is that I'm genuinely gonna be busy until the end of the year, as silly an excuse as I realise that seems.
So, where are we?
I think we're due for an update. It's been about 2 weeks since I made the commitment to daily journalling and I'll tell you that I've seen improvement already. I am feeling more clear-headed, the 'flow' of writing is coming easier, ideas are flowing (that hasn't really been an issue) and I am developing the muscles needed to see them to fruition. It's rapturous! As a matter of fact, I'm also better processing and regulating my emotions, although that might have less to do with the writing and more to do with the direct work I'm doing in relation to that. Anyway, I'm glad I'm doing this.
There have been days when I struggled, but I made sure I honoured my word to myself by just doing it. This is however not the first time I've made a promise to myself; and I've broken several of those so what makes this time different? I think that oddly enough, pride might have something to do with the success I'm experiencing here. A1 for openness right here.
I pretty much just allowed myself to perpetually remember that I had to do the task, and it couldn't just be ignored. For example, I'm powering through writing this for a number of reason but here I am building some me some bad boy muscles. Allowing myself to remember both the importance and perpetuality of the task at hand is usually a great place to begin to break the hold of procrastination.
More to come on tips later (oh my gosh, am I am influencer now????) lol!
Signing out on a silly note.
Comments
Post a Comment